We are hiring again here at Yahoo! Europe for some back-end engineers to work on a handful of our European properties. If this interests you, please either reply to this post, or eamail me - the Yahoo! corp domain is yahoo-inc.com and my id is clacy@ :)
Software Engineer - Yahoo! Media Engineering Team
Position: Back End Engineer
Location: London, UK
Can you see yourself in an exciting, fast past environment, working on key properties that affect millions of people worldwide? Are you a fast learner and enjoy working on many systems and products? Are you up to the challenge of developing products and systems for global audience?
Yahoo media engineering team is looking for a highly motivated software engineer with desire and passion to build high quality scalable server side software. You will be part of a team responsible for series of key European properties: Yahoo Sports, News, Cars, Travel, Movies, Music and TV. As an individual contributor you will be responsible for developing enhancements, and new complex features to our current media sites. You will also play an important part in transitioning our current sites to the new media platform.
• BS in C.S. with 5+ years of industry experience
• Or MS in C.S. with 3+ years of industry experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Fast learner - can quickly come up to speed with different technologies and develop prototypes if required
• Mature knowledge of scripting languages (Perl, PHP).
• Knowledge of OOP, Design Patterns, XP programming
• Working knowledge of SQL, version controls systems, XML.
• Experience working on Unix/Linux platforms, shell scripting (bash, awk, sed).
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Knowledge of open source test tools.
• Exposure to Scrum and Agile methodologies